26 February, 2011

The Matrix


I'm going to start by giving you some film stats, about the plot, then go into my review. *WARNING - THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Rating: R for "sci-fi violence and brief language."
Staring: Keanu Reeves and Laurence Fishburne.
Released: 31st of March, 1999
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi.

Plot:
A war was struck between AI (Artificial Intelligence) and human kind, AI took it's energy from the sun, so humans decided to block out the sun, but AI found another way to run, it started harvesting humans energy and creating new humans. But to keep them from a rebellion, from escaping their pods, they were not shown the world around them, but rather they were put in the Matrix. The Matrix is stuck hundreds of years in the past, it shows people an alternate reality. But there are few who have escaped the Matrix, there are few who are rebels trying to bring down AI and the Matrix. They search the Matrix for people to extract, people who are exceptional, people who can help them. They finally found one, they found the one. The one who would help them bring down the Matrix.

My Review:
To all the people who told me this was a must see, this was one of the greatest movies ever made, I would like to say that I disagree. I went into this with an open mind and came out of it with a mind made up. I suppose it had some good graphics, some fun action scenes. But so so much of the content I think should have been approached different or removed. Not to mention the countless errors, people moving from scene to scene, reflections not lining up, weapons completely changing in the middle of a sequence. It wasn't awful, but I probably wont watch it again.

To sum it up, it's not a must see.

No comments:

Post a Comment