26 February, 2011

A Beautiful Mind


I'm going to start by giving you some film stats, about the plot, then go into my review. *WARNING - THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Rating: PG-13 for, "Intense thematic material, sexual content and a scene of violence."
Staring: Russell Crowe and Jennifer Connelly.
Released: 4th of January, 2002.
Genre: Biography, Drama.

Plot:
This is the true story of mathematician John (Russell Crowe) Nash. For so long he lived with delusions, unknown to any one, until he became paranoid from one of the delusions. Could he be cured? Could he learn to live with it? Could his wife live with it?

My Review:
Right after watching it, I had mixed feelings. Mostly it was because I was thrown by Russell Crowe's character, it wasn't like allot of his usual parts. But after getting past the difference in character, I loved it. His delusions were so believable, yet looking back you can see their errors, how they're not real. It was so interesting. And on top of being an overall interesting movie, it had math in it! There are not enough movies about education, not "educational movies", ones about education, teachers, students, and such. This movie from the production side, was made beautifully.
To sum it up, I quite enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment