23 January, 2011

Country Strong


I'm going to start by giving you some film stats, about the plot, then go into my review. *WARNING - THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Rating; PG-13 for, "Thematic elements involving alcohol abuse and some sexual content."
Staring; Gwyneth Paltrow and Garrett Hedlund.
Released; 7Th of January, 2011.
Genre; Drama, Music.

Plot:
Country star Kelly (Gwyneth Paltrow) Canter had some hard times, that sent her to rehab, but she's feeling good and ready to get back on the road with her husband James(Tim McGraw) and new openers Beau (Garrett Hedlund) and Chiles (Leighton Meester). But will the pressure be to much? Can she take going back to all the places that put her in rehab to begin with?

My Review:
I liked it, it had it's sad moments, actually quite a few sad moments, but it had it's happy ones too. I liked how the movie played out, I liked how it flowed from scene to scene. It had a way of being surprising, without having ridiculous twists. I also loved that the actors actually did the singing, who knew that with a little, or rather allot, of training that Hedlund, Meester, and Paltrow could all sing like that, I commend them for that. It was good, but it also had a few intense moments. Some of the content I thought wasn't needed it just seemed like a filler, but over all I liked it.

To sum it up, it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment