06 January, 2011

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World


I'm going to start by giving you some film stats, about the plot, then go into my review. *WARNING - THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Rating; PG-13, for "Stylized violence, sexual content, language and drug references."
Staring; Michael Cera and Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
Released; 13Th of August, 2010.
Genre; Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Adventure.

Plot;
Scott (Michael Cera) Pilgrim fell in love with a girl named Ramona (Mary Winstead) Flower, and had to battle her 7 ex's in a world of wild animation.

My Review:
The funny thing about this plot is that it's kind of hard to explain, I actually liked it allot. It was really funny but you kind of felt like it was supposed to be serious sometimes. It was a unique movie in it's animation, because as time went on it became more and more like a comic book. Michael Cera was great in this, he was the perfect choice for this role. I only said a little bit about the plot but that was because, there isn't really a whole lot to say. Scott was in a failing band, met Ramona and now is battling her evil ex's. It had wacky battle sequences, it was good. I wasn't really expecting to like it, but I did. I was surprisingly clean, I'm not saying it was, because it wasn't, but I am saying for the cast and plot it was surprisingly clean. But it does deserve it's rating.

To sum it up, it was pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment