05 January, 2011

True Grit


I'm going to start by giving you some film stats, about the plot, then go into my review. *WARNING - THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Rating: PG-13, for "Some intense sequences of western violence including disturbing images."
Staring: Hailee Steinfeld and Jeff Bridges.
Released: 22Nd of December, 2010.
Genre: Adventure, Drama, Western.

Plot:
It has the same basic plot as the original True Grit , there were a few changes, but nothing that needs to be mentioned. Obviously the cast changed, Jeff Bridges was Reuben J. 'Rooster' Cogburn, and Hailee Steinfeld as Mattie Ross.

My Review:
As a fan of the original it was hard to go see, but I am glad I did. I honestly did not like the plot changes, I though they seemed unlikely and not needed, but aside from that I liked it. I am not fond of Jeff Bridges acting, but I thought he played Rooster well, it quite surprised me, over all as a general I thought the casting was good. The film quality was good. Over all it was a well made movie, I wasn't interested enough maybe to watch it again, or buy it, but perhaps if it was on television and I flipped to that channel I might watch it again.

To sum it up, it was pretty good, but not as good as the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment