15 May, 2011

It's Kind of a Funny Story


I'm going to start by giving you some film stats, about the plot, then go into my review. *WARNING - THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Rating: PG13 for, "mature thematic issues, sexual content, drug material and language."
Staring: Keir Gilchrist and Zach Galifianakis.
Released: 7Th of January, 2011.
Genre: Comedy, Drama.

Plot:
Craig (Keir Gilchrist) is feeling depressed, he checks himself into a hospital, minimum stay, 5 days. Is he as crazy as all the other patients, are the patients really as crazy as he thinks?

Review:
I will tell you ahead of time, I believe the PG13 rating is appropriate, though only by comparison. But it is different then the majority of PG13 movies, it is similar to a movie like Scott Pilgrim vs. the World if you were looking for kind of the reason it was rated that. It sort of reminded me of a mix of Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and then you add a hospital. It was quite funny. The cast was great. I love how the movie was put together, high five to all who helped with the editing.

To sum it up, it had it's downfalls, but I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment