17 May, 2011

The Green Hornet


I'm going to start by giving you some film stats, about the plot, then go into my review. *WARNING - THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Rating: PG13 for, "sequences of violent action, language, sensuality and drug content."
Staring: Seth Rogen and Jay Chou.
Released: 14Th of January, 2011.
Genre: Action, Comedy, Crime.

Plot:
After the death of his successful business man dad, Brett (Seth Rogen) Reid is left with the family newspaper company, knowing nothing about running a business. But with an idea and the help of his fathers mechanic Kato (Jay Chou), he may just find a way to run this paper.

My Review:
It was good, not the best super hero movie, but certainly not the worst. I had heard some terrible reviews about the lame action, boring dialogue, and bad acting. I will say now, I disagree, sure it wasn't the most fantastic movie, but I thought it was funny, in the beginning the acting was a little campy, but it got better as the movie went on. The action was what should be expected, and yes though you could say it was unrealistic, it is a super hero movie, sometimes their stunts are a little over the top. There was more language than I think people were expecting, so that was probably one of the reasons some people didn't like it. Over all I thought it was pretty good, not necessarily for younguns, but pretty funny.

To sum it up, I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment