09 September, 2010

Tombstone


I'm going to start by giving you some film stats, about the plot, then go into my review. *WARNING - THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Rating; R for, "violence."
Staring; Kurt Russell, and Val Kilmer.
Released; 25Th of December, 1993.
Genre; Action, Drama, History, Romance, Western.

Plot;
This is the story of how Wyatt (Russell) Earp, along with his brothers and friend Doc (Kilmer) Holliday take Tombstone from the grasps of it's tormentors "The Cowboys". Earp moved to Tombstone in hopes of finding peace and retirement from his law-man/ gun slinger days. Little did he know, just how big his reputation was, no matter where he went every one knew him. With no one else to take charge Wyatt, his brothers, and his friends fought the history making battle of Tombstone.

My Review;
I must say this is Val Kilmer at his best, he was a great choice to play Doc Holliday. Like most Historically based movies, you have to leave some room for inaccuracies, but there were a few too many for my taste - as a lover of History. But it did have good action, interesting plot, and it's funny moments. To me it seemed like it was 200 minuets, though in reality it was only 130. To me it wasn't the greatest, I was bored watching it. Though I did like the scenes with Holliday, I think he was truly given some of the best lines. To me it seemed like any other modern western with a famous name. I think they rely to much on "Tombstone" and "The OK-Corral". I think if the inaccuracies don't bother you to much, it's an alright movie. Not my favourite, but alright.

To sum it up, it's okay, if you like westerns - watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment