08 September, 2010

Remember Me


I'm going to start by giving you some film stats, about the plot, then go into my review. *WARNING - THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Rating; PG-13 for, "violence, sexual content, language and smoking."
Staring; Robert Pattinson, and Emilie de Ravin.
Released; 12Th of March, 2010.
Genre; Drama, Romance.

Plot;
The year 2000, no one knew just what was ahead. Tyler (Pattinson) Hawkins is 21, though he has his shares of family troubles, be doesn't let his parents divorce or his brothers death stop him from living. He's alive and living, but he's not really sure what he's living for, until his friend Aidan (Tate Ellington)convinces him to talk to this girl at school, Ally (de Ravin), who he soon falls in love with. But he is still dealing with his family issues, and hers too! Their journey is one of trials, but they always find a way through it, because they have each other. And some how they find a way to pull their families together. Every thing was great, at last Tyler's younger sister Caroline (Ruby Jerins), was feeling like her dad truly loved her and cared about her. One day as Tyler went to meet his dad at his office, something hit. It was a plane, it was the 11Th of September, 2001. Tyler was in his dad's office, in the worlds trade centre. Tyler didn't survive. But all the great he did for Ally's family and his own continued on.

My Review;
This movie is not only number one on my "Tear Jerker List", but it's also on my ultimate movie list. What a movie, so moving. Robbert Pattinson was phenomenal, he and Emilie de Ravin had great chemistry, and Tate Ellington added a great bit of comedy. Every emotion was so raw, so real. It is truly, in my opinion, one of the best movies I've ever watched. It was so unpredictable, it seemed like it was just going to be another Romantic Drama, but so many things I did not expect happened. The end really pulled you in, I being old enough to remember 9/11 it was especially griping, because I remember that great sorrow that covered our country, and other countries after that awful event. I'd say the movie was a sad one, but though so many tragic things happened, so many great things came from them. I will tell you before you go out and rent it, thinking oh a just a good to cry at film. I would only recommend this to those I believe could really handle the darkness, and sadness of this film. Remember it's rated PG13 for a reason.

To sum it up, if you can handle it, watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment