28 October, 2010

Sixteen Candles


I'm going to start by giving you some film stats, about the plot, then go into my review. *WARNING - THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Rating; PG.
Staring; Molly Ringwald and Michael Schoeffling.
Released; 4Th of May, 1984.
Genre; Comedy, Romance.

Plot;
Samantha (Molly Ringwald) is having an awful day, on top of all the craziness of her older sister getting married, her whole family forgot her birthday! Her day continues to be terrible until she is noticed by her crush Jake (Michael Schoeffling) Ryan. After missing each other so many times, they finally meet, and they fall in love.

My Review;
It was honestly not that great, yes I loved some of the things that come from any eighties movie, the filming, the clothing, but this movie doesn't deserve to be in the classic eighties movie category. The plot was silly, it was really choppy, even for a movie of that time. And for parents who are like "oh, I want to give my kids some pop culture from my time", I wouldn't recommend this, particularly because of the language and sexual content. So much in fact, that the PG rating was disputed as to weather it should be R (There was no PG13 at the time). I wish I could say I liked it more, but I can't because I didn't, it wasn't that great.

To sum it up, I wouldn't really recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment