22 December, 2010

The Other Boleyn Girl


I'm going to start by giving you some film stats, about the plot, then go into my review. *WARNING - THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Rating: PG-13 for, "mature thematic elements, sexual content and some violent images"
Staring: Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson.
Released: 29Th of February, 2008.
Genre: Biography, Drama, Romance, History.

Plot:
As most already know the story I will keep this brief. This is the story of the other Boleyn girl, the sister of Mary Boleyn who married King Henry VIII. This is about a sisters betrayal, as you probably already know. This is the true story of Anne and Mary Boleyn and King Henry VIII.

My Review:
It was alright, as most historical movies there are inconsistencies with what actually happened, but they are basically true. I was fond of the costumes, quality of cinematography, though I wasn't very happy with how the story was written for the film. I thought Natalie Portman and Eric Bana were cast well, though I thought that Scarlet Johansson wasn't the best choice for Mary Boleyn. As I said it was alright, but not great. Certainly not in top movie list.

To sum it up, it was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment